Masala Cheese Breadlets
- 200 gms processed cheese + for topping
- 150 gms refined flour
- 100 gms butter
- A pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sweet red chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp crushed red chillies
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2tsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Oil for greasing
Procedure for Masala Cheese Breadlets
1. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
2. Heat 300 ml water in a deep non-stick pan. Add butter and let it melt. Add turmeric powder and red chilli sauce, mix well and bring to a boil.
3. Add refined flour and keep mixing till it forms a dough. Switch off heat and transfer dough into a bowl. Cool to room temperature.
4. Add salt and eggs, one by one, and keep whisking. Add crushed peppercorns, crushed red chillies, chopped parsley, chopped coriander and grated cheese. Mix well into a smooth dough.
5. Grease a baking pan with little oil.
6. Divide dough into equal portions and shape them into medium size balls. Place them in the baking pan and top the balls with some more grated cheese.
7. Put the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Serve hot.