Shakshuka Recipe | Best Breakfast Recipe
Shakshuka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, pepper and onions which is often spiced with cumin. Watch and learn this simple and quick breakfast recipe.
Ingredients For Shakshuka Recipe
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes (puree)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 nos eggs
- Crushed pepper as required
- 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
Preparation Method Of Shakshuka Recipe
– Firstly blend tomatoes in a blender.
– Strain the tomato puree in order to get rid of the seeds and skin.
– Heat oil in a pan and add onion, red bell pepper and minced garlic. Mix them well.
– Add the tomato puree. Mix well.
– Add chilli powder, mixed herbs, salt, cumin powder and sugar.
– Allow it to cook for 10 to 12 minutes on a low flame.
– Break the eggs and place them carefully.
– Allow the eggs to cook. Sprinkle oil if needed.
– You may cover it with a lid so as to cook the eggs.
– Add chopped parsley (optional)
– Sprinkle crushed black pepper over it.